Religious Education (RE)
As a church school, we ensure that children receive their entitlement for teaching and learning in RE. Religious education is planned for at least one hour every week across the school year and there are 2 additional RE themed days during the year - Advent Day and Lent Day.
Our RE curriculum has been designed around The North Yorkshire Agreed Syllabus and the Understanding Christianity materials. Wherever possible, the school’s Christian Value for the half term has been used to underpin the choice for the unit.
Respect is at the heart of everything we do in school so in developing our RE curriculum, we have considered how, through learning about a range faiths and spiritual beliefs, mutual respect, understanding and tolerance can be deepened.
- Reception: Children will encounter Christianity and other faiths, as part of their growing sense of self, their community and their place within it.
- KS1: Christianity and Islam
- KS2: Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Judaism.
- Year 3: Christianity and Hinduism
- Year 4: Christianity, Judaism and non-religious groups e.g. Humanism
- Year 5 & 6: Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and non-religious groups.
Our RE curriculum is also enriched by a variety of trips out to sacred places and by visitors coming into school to share their own traditions and beliefs.
Click here to see our Religious Education Long Term Plan
Due to the development of our Federation, exciting changes are taking place within our curriculum. Further information and updates will be provided here in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions or would like some information in the meantime, please call into school or email me.